2017-2018 Club Enhancement Program
Welcome to the 2017-2018 Club Enhancement program! This program is specially designed to educate & aid Clubs/Schools with their day to day operations and quality program delivery. For this season, Skate Ontario will be offering Club Enhancement Workshops and Resource Team Consultations.
Club Enhancement Workshops
With the full launch of STAR 1-5 this fall, we are using this chance to ensure Clubs/Schools are prepared for the 2017-2018 season. All Clubs/Schools are expected to run STAR 1-5 programming beginning September 2017.
These workshops are specially designed for Clubs (Board/Volunteers) and Coaches. They will focus on all aspects of the STAR 1-5 programming including program content & delivery (on and off-ice), assessments, session scheduling, coach directed sessions, and communication tools.
Other topics will include CanSkate Essentials, Conflict Resolution, “My Locker”, Respect in Sport and Safe Sport.
- August 26th, 8:00am – 1:00pm – BWG Leisure Complex, Bradford –complete
- August 26th, 8:00am -1:00pm – Brant Sports Complex, Paris –complete
- September 9th, 8:00am – 1:00pm – National Performance Centre (Canlan Arena), North York –complete
- September 10th, 8:00am -1:00pm – Blenheim Arena, Blenheim –complete
- September 16th, 8:00am – 1:00pm – Memorial Gardens, North Bay –complete
- September 17th, 8:00am – 1:00pm – Strathcona Paper Centre, Napanee –complete
- September 23rd , 10:00am – 3:00pm – Minto Recreation Complex, Barrhaven, Nepean –complete
- September 30th, 9:00am – 3:00pm – Manvers Arena & Community Centre, Bethany –complete
- October 1st, 8:00am – 1:00pm – South Huron Recreation Centre, Exeter –complete
- October 14th, Noon – 5:00pm – Dryden Memorial Arena, Dryden –complete
*Please note – All workshops will include classroom and an interactive on ice session times.
Cost: $10 per participant
**Please note: Coaches/Board Members will need to add themselves as a “skater” in the registration system to enroll in the workshops.**
Club Resource Team – Club Consultations
For this season, we are offering Clubs/Schools the opportunity for a Club Consultation with our Skate Ontario Resource Team.
Any Club who sends a minimum of (1) Board member and (1) Coach to a Club Enhancement Workshop, has access to this opportunity.
The Resource team will work with these Clubs to further aid in day-to-day operations and quality program delivery. Clubs/Schools are responsible for travel and accommodation of clinician (if required).
If you have any questions or would like more information on Club Enhancement Workshops please contact Sharon Maki, Manager of Club Development at email@example.com.