Skate Ontario invites all Skating Clubs and Sections to send us important announcements to share with the Ontario skating community!
All posts will be made to this page, with the newest entries at the top. To have your announcement appear on this page (and be promoted on our Facebook and Twitter social media accounts), you must email the following to email@example.com:
- Your headline
- A short blurb describing the event/announcement
- Photo or video media, and/or a PDF file with more information (optional)
- A link to your your event/announcement page/site (optional)
- Contact information to be published so people can ask you for more information
Items 1, 2, and 5 are mandatory! Your event/announcement will not be posted without these!
Please note that posts for announcements that that refer to events that have already occurred, will be removed periodically in order to keep this page relevant.
June 15, 2017
Guelph Skating Club – Competitive Director and a Group Program Coordinator
The Guelph Skating Club currently has openings for a Competitive Director and a Group Program Coordinator.
Competitive Director: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Competitive Director oversees all competitive programs within the Club and ensures that lessons are carried out by qualified professional coaches and are in compliance with the standards set out by Skate Canada. Working in a management team with the Group Program Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring team collaboration while administering the Club’s vision of a positive training environment for all.
Group Program Coordinator: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Group Program Coordinator oversees and ensures that all group programs offered by the Club (PreCanSkate, CanSkate, PrePower, CanPower, Adult and PreStar) are coached by qualified professional coaches and are in compliance with the standards set out by Skate Canada. Working in a management team with the Competitive Director, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring team collaboration while administering the Club’s vision of a positive training environment for all.
Job Postings: http://www.guelphskating.ca/ job-opportunities
Contact: Please send your resume to the GSC Hiring Committee at – firstname.lastname@example.org
June 12, 2017
ArcelorMittal Dofasco Skating Club – CanSkate Administrator
The ArcelorMittal Dofasco Skating Club in Hamilton, Ontario seeks a CanSkate Administrator for our upcoming 2017-2018 season. We are a small family friendly club of approximately 200 skaters offering CanSkate programs to approximately 100 families in the area. Our CanSkate Administrator is a key member of our coaching team providing leadership and guidance to skaters, program assistants and other coaches on the sessions.
We look forward to hearing from interested candidates via email at: email@example.com
May 30, 2017
USC Office Administrator Posting
The Unionville Skating Club currently has an opening for a self-motivated, highly organized and capable individual to work as an Office Assistant on a Full-Time basis.
- Provide outstanding general administrative support to both coaches and clients
- Accept and process all registrations, answer enquiries through phone, email and in person,
- General tidying and organization of office space
- General photocopying, faxing, mailing, creating labels, file maintenance
- Prepares announcements, posters, and other documents as required
- Update website and bulletin boards with club test and competition results
- Ordering office supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks an asset
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, etc.)
- include basic banking, test scheduling, liaison with Skate Canada, email communications, and website management (training to be provided)
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous experience in customer service oriented position
- Figure Skating background and knowledge of Skate Canada is a huge asset
- College or University education is preferred
Monday: 1pm – 4pm
Tuesday: 1pm – 4pm
Wednesday: 2pm – 8pm
Thursday: 2pm – 8pm
Saturday: 11am – 5pm
Attendance mandatory every day of registration week in September. Attendance is also required at monthly board meetings.
If you are organized, efficient and detail oriented, then this may be the opportunity for you!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
attn: Pamela Nitert
April 19, 2017
Mariposa Summer Camp July 3 – August 4
The Mariposa School of Skating Day Camp provides a variety of on and off ice activities to accelerate Physical Literacy and Skill Development. Activities are planned to promote fun, inclusive, multi-sport and developmentally appropriate development.
INDOOR ACTIVITIES INCLUDING SWIMMING, FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT SKILLS, STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY TRAINING, GAME DAY/COMPETITION STRATEGIES, BALLET, OFF ICE JUMPS OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES INCLUDING FIELD GAMES, TENNIS AND SUPERVISED PLAY
Learn from the Best Mariposa School of Skating has successfully trained athletes from the Canskate level to World, Olympic and Professional Sports. Our staff have extensive training and experience developing successful athletes. We are committed to providing the best programs for athletes of all levels.
April 6, 2017
Mariposa Seminar June 26-30
The Mariposa School of Skating offers expert training at all levels from Beginner to World and Olympic caliber skaters. The school was established in 1973, by renowned world and Olympic coach Doug Leigh. It was designed to offer the best facilities and coaching which would stimulate growth and learning in competitive Figure Skating.